1) gently pulled the cover off the book.
2) cut glue off the spine with boxcutter.
3) pulled sections of book apart (8 pages at a time)
4) cut off ruff edges with paper cutter.
5) scanned cover (300 dpi color document) in adobe.
6) scanned 2 book pages per scan (300 dpi black and white document) in adobe - 50 scans at a time.
7) assembled b+w sections into single PDF.
8) cropped pages to remove excess margins.
9) cropped margins on the cover.
10) add cover to b+w pages.
11) run ClearScan OCR to make text searchable.
12) add bookmarks.
second externally linked single-page version.
same directions 1) to 7) as above.
8b) copy the b+w file (label one file 'odd pages', label the other 'even pages')
9b) crop pages on each file so that only either odd pages or even pages are visible.
10b) run ClearScan OCR on both files.
11b) "extract pages" on each file for all pages into individual files in a new file folder.
12b) assemble all pages into a single PDF (looks like: odd, even, odd(1), even(1), odd(2), even(2),.....even(150))
13b) delete all blank pages (no need to waste peoples' printer paper)
14b) deleted all bookmarks (looks like the order listed above).
15b) add cover.
16b) add bookmarks.
More information about formatting options
Books Fliers Posters Plays Screenplays Magazines
Audio Photo Video
How to View and Print Zines How to Scan Zines and Make PDFs
News, Forums, PP/POW Support, Anarchy Infobox