From the preface:
"Specialization, domestication, civilization, mass society, modernity, technoculture ... behold Progress, its fruition presented more and more unmistakably. The imperative of control unfolds starkly, pushing us to ask questions equal to the mounting threat around us and within us. These dire times may yet reveal invigorating new vistas of thought and action. When everything is at stake, all must be confronted and superseded. At this moment, there is the distinct possibility of doing just that."
Table of Contents:
Part 1: Origins of the Crisis
1. Too Marvelous for Words (Language Briefly Revisited)
2. Patriarchy, Civilization and the Origins of Gender
3. On the Origins of War
4. The Iron Grip of Civilization: The Axial Age
5. Alone Together: The City and Its Inmates
6. Future Primitive Update
7. Beyond Symbolic Thought: A Brief Interview with John Zerzan by Kevin Tucker, Species Traitor #3, Spring 2003.
Part 2: The Crisis of Civilization
8. Twilight of the Machines
9. Exiled from Presence
10. The Modern Anti-World
11. Globalization and Its Apologists: An Abolitionist Perspective
12. Overman and Unabomber
13. Why Primitivism?
14. Second-Best Life: Real Virtuality
15. Breaking Point?
16. Finding Our Way Back Home