Since Predator Came: Notes from the Struggle for American Indian Liberation by Ward Churchill
This collection of essays provides a devastating portrait of the condition of Native America. From chronicling the genocide committed by European invaders, to exposing the insidious means by which contemporary politicians and academics perpetuate the physical and cultural destruction of American Indians, Churchill’s incisive analysis and carefully documented critique comprise a demand for action.
Fasting Day: Thanksgiving Day by Dennis Brutus
Preface: Since Genocide Began by Haunani-Kay Trask
Introduction: Only Indians Help Indians
1. Remembering Bob Thomas: His Influence on the American Indian Liberation Struggle
2. Deconstructing the Columbus Myth Was the "Great Discoverer" Italian or Spanish, Nazi or Jew?
3. Since Predator Came: A Survey of Native North America Since 1492
4. Genocide: Toward a Functional Definition
5. Genocide in the Americas: Landmarks from "Latin" America Since 1492
6. The Earth Is Our Mother: Struggles for American Indian Land and Liberation in the Contemporary United States
7. Like Sand in the Wind: The Making of an American Indian Diaspora in the United States
8. The Bloody Wake of Alcatraz: Political Repression of the American Indian Movement During the 1970s
9. White Studies: The Intellectual Imperialism of U.S. Higher Education
10. About That Bering Strait Land Bridge.... Let's Turn Those Footprints Around
11. On Gaining "Moral High Ground": An Ode to George Bush and the "New World Order"
12. False Promises: An Indigenist Examination of Marxist Theory and Practice
13. Between a Rock and a Hard Pace: Left-Wing Revolution, Right-Wing Reaction and the Destruction of Indigenous Peoples
14. On Support of the Indian Resistance in Nicaragua: A Statement of Position and Principle
15. The Meaning of Chiapas: A North American Indigenist View
16. Generations of Resistance: American Indian Poetry and the Ghost Dance Spirit
17. From a Woman Warrior: Wendy Rose's What Happened When the Hopi Hit New York
18. Another Vision of America: Simon J. Ortiz's From Sand Creek
|Churchill - Since Predator Came - Notes from the Struggle for American Indian Liberation.pdf||26.02 MB|